To be eligible for an award of MD degree students must complete ALL the graduation requirements of American University of Anguilla.
- Successful completion of 5 semesters of Basic Medical Sciences
- Successful completion of 76 weeks of approved clinical clerkships / rotations at affiliated or approved teaching hospitals
- Successful completion of a National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) administered exit examination for Basic and Clinical Sciences.
- Successful completion of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Steps 1 and 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) and clinical skills (CS).
- A student must be in good standing. He / she must receive clearance from different departments of the University, including accounts department, the registry, laboratories and the library. He / she must also be of good conduct and character.