A complete application to AUA School of Medicine contains the following:
- The AUA Application Form Download
- A nonrefundable application fee of 100.00 $
- Personal statement
- Must be typed with 1.5 line spacing and no less than one page and no more than two pages in length.
- Must explain why the applicant is pursuing a career in medicine, what makes them a potential asset to AUA
- Must include the applicant’s full name.
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- All official transcripts from each undergraduate, graduate, medical, and/or professional school the applicant has attended
- These must be mailed directly from the institution to AUA
- Official transcripts must be received before registration
- Two letters of recommendation
- At least one must be an academic letter of recommendation.
- This letter must be from a science professor who has taught the applicant and is acquainted with the applicant’s academic ability.
- The “Professional Letter” may be from a non-science professor or an employer, medical colleague, or other professional who can attest to the applicant’s character, academic, or work abilities. Some applicants may be selected for an interview before their application file is reviewed by the Admissions Committee. These interviews will be conducted in the United States or via a webcam and Skype-enabled device. Applications from eligible candidates will be reviewed not more than one year prior to their anticipated start date.
Other Application Requirements:
- MCAT scores are not required for consideration.
- All students are required to submit a criminal background check (CBC) prior to starting at AUA.
An international applicant who completes his/her required academic courses from an English-speaking academic institution will be exempt from this requirement